Please remember to celebrate Mother’s Day on Sunday safely within the current ‘Stay Home’ COVID guidelines. COVID rates are not yet as low as had been hoped, so we need to make further progress in reducing the case rate before restrictions are further eased at the end of the month.
Vaccines for people over the age of 56
The National Booking Service is now open to all those aged 56+. Book a Covid-19 vaccination now via www.nhs.uk/coronavirus or call 119.
Vaccine transport update
Community transport schemes and taxi firms are available to support people with transport to Covid-19 vaccination appointments. Residents needing help can access details online or call 0345 045 5219 Monday to Friday, 9am -5pm. All transport providers are DBS checked and most require a minimum 24 hours’ notice.
Census 2021: Beware of scams
Ahead of Census Day (Sunday 21 March) please be aware of the following to help prevent scams:
- This is the first ‘digital Census’, with most people being asked to complete the census online
- The Census team will not call households for information about their census, unless they have made an appointment with the Census Contact Centre, or they have raised a query or made a complaint. There will be no cold calls.
- If you complete the census form online, there will be no home visits by Census Officers.
- If you don’t complete form, Census Officers may visit your home to offer help to complete it. They will carry official ID cards with their photo and name. They will never ask to enter the property.
- Census Officers will never ask for national insurance numbers, passwords, bank account details, or credit or debit card numbers.