The Greater Cambridge Partnership and contractors Milestone Infrastructure will be commencing the installation of average speed cameras on the A1307 from Linton to Horseheath on 19 April 2021. The works will continue for about three months.
The new average speed cameras are designed to improve safety and reduce accidents by regulating and reducing speeds along this section of the A1307.
Average speed cameras have a proven track record of reducing the number and severity of collisions, changing driver behaviour and achieving a high degree of speed compliance. The new average speed cameras will monitor all the vehicles travelling in both directions along A1307 from Linton to Horseheath. The scheme has been consulted upon with Cambridgeshire Police and local stakeholders and was widely supported during public consultation in 2018.
What works will be done?
- Installation of cable ducts along the road verges to enable power to be provided to the new average speed camera sites.
- Installation of the average speed camera poles and cameras.
- Associated road markings and signage.
Traffic management during construction
All efforts will be made to keep disruption to a minimum. However, for safety reasons there will be a number of necessary changes whilst these works take place. These will be:
- Temporary 40mph speed restriction for full extent of works including A1307 Linton bypass and the single carriageway section from Linton to Horseheath bypass
- Lane closures in either direction on the dual carriageway section between Linton and Horseheath
- Use of temporary 2-way traffic lights during off-peak working hours will be implemented on the single lane carriageway section between Linton and Horseheath
- Side road closures of Dean Road with associated diversion routes will be in place for the duration of the works
Milestone Infrastructure and their sub-contractors will be implementing safe working practices to ensure that the works are undertaken in accordance with current Public Health England and Government guidance for Covid-19 restrictions.
We would like to apologise for any inconvenience these works may cause. However, when completed these works will improve road safety for all road users travelling on this section of the A1307.
How do I keep up to date with the project?
Please visit the project’s web page at www.greatercambridge.org.uk/A1307
If you have any concerns during construction, please do get in touch with Skanska’s project team on A1307schemes@skanska.co.uk or telephone Cambridgeshire County Council’s Contact Centre on 01223 699906.